Ice cream is the best dessert, and people love eating it. There is an extensive range of flavors when it comes to the ice cream. Ice cream is an evergreen food that is eaten by people in every season.
If you think there are too many calories, in the ice cream and you are looking for healthier ice cream options, then you can always make it at home. Homemade ice creams are fun to make, and you can use all the healthy ingredients that you want. There is no limit to the flavors that you can create when it comes to the ice creams.
Here are some healthy ice-cream recipes you can try at home:
Lemon and Buttermilk Ice Cream
It is a delicious ice cream made from five simple and common ingredients.
- Fresh lemon juice.
- Half and a half.
- Buttermilk (fat-free).
- Whole milk.
- Take a large bowl and combine fresh lemon juice and sugar in it.
- Use a whisk to stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, you can add buttermilk, whole milk and a half and a half.
- Take a freezer can and pour the mixture in it and keep it in the freeze until it becomes hard. Use a container that is freezer-safe and cover it before putting in the freezer.
Dark chocolate peanut butter swirl ice cream
It is a perfect ice cream to serve when you are short on time as it is easy and quick to make.
- Greek yogurt (plain)
- Bananas (frozen)
- Maple syrup.
- Natural peanut butter.
- Cocoa powder.
- Take plain Greek yogurt, frozen bananas, and maple syrup and combine them in a blender. Blend the mixture until it becomes thick and creamy.
- Once the mixture is done, you should drizzle in the peanut butter and just pulse the blender two to three time so that butter becomes incorporated into the mix.
- You do not need to put it in the freezer, and it can be served just out of the blender.
Peach Ice Cream
It is perfect ice cream for summer as it is made up of two specialties of summer that are fresh fruit and ice cream.
- Fat-free milk (evaporated)
- Fat-free milk.
- Sweetener (calorie-free)
- Egg substitute.
- Almond extract.
- Frozen or fresh peaches.
- Take first five ingredients and combine them in a large bowl.
- Use a mixer to beat them at medium speed. Keep beating until the mixture is thoroughly blended.
- While beating you should stir the peaches in the mixture.
- When the mixture is ready, take a freezer container and pour the mixture in it.
- 15Store it in the freezer for at least an hour or until it becomes hard.
The coconut ice cream is creamy, delicious and perfect for people who prefer dairy free ice creams.
- Coconut milk (canned)
- Flaked coconut ( unsweetened)
- Maple syrup.
- Frozen bananas.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and keep blending until it becomes creamy and thick.
- When all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, you should transfer it to a loaf pan and put it in a freezer for at least four hours.
Banana Ice Cream
It is an excellent homemade ice cream that is easy to make. It is a highly healthy option as has low sugar, calories and has a high content of fiber, resistant starch, and omega-3s.
- Bananas (sliced, frozen and peeled)
- Low-fat milk (1 %)
- Chopped walnuts.
- Take a blender and put milk and all the frozen banana pieces in it. You can also use a food processor.
- Blend the mixture until it achieves the right consistency. It should be thick.
- Top it off with walnuts, and it is ready to serve.
These are some of the delicious and healthy ice creams that are easy to make and full of nutrition.
Featured photo credit: Stocksnap via stocksnap.io
|||^||Koolmax: How to Make Delicious Ice Cream for Customers|
The post 5 Healthy Ice-Creams You Can Make at Home This Summer appeared first on Lifehack.